The G.O. IV Fortune
Welcome to the wiki! This site is a reference intended to track all the information about the cross-country adventure of Grayson Ozias IV and the wax cylinders he left along the way.
This event, along with television and print advertisements, was inspired by the words of Walt Whitman and intends to "establish a pioneering [and optimistic] tone for the 'New Americans'."
In November, the online+real life scavenger hunt (Phase 1) will narrow down to 100 competitors (Phase 2) for the final prize: somewhere in America, there is a buried prize equalling $100,000, and Levi's will match this amount in a donation to the charity of the winner's choice.
According to the GameTeam, "The 100 Finalists will be the first 100 GO IV Players who finish the Knowledge Challenge with the correct answers. These Questions will be based on G.O. Story & Clues [on the site]." See The Rules for more information.
Just starting out?
 Latest News
 Study Group
- The Online Study Group meets periodically to review information we'll need to know for Phase Two of the game.
 Walt Whitman's "America"
'The Walt Whitman archive has "a 36-second wax cylinder recording of what is thought to be Whitman's voice reading four lines from the poem 'America'."'
 Letter from Levi Strauss & Co.
- Levi Strauss & Co.
- This site is what must stand for now as the last will and testament of Grayson Ozias IV.
- It was created to honor his last wish-that the fortune he buried in the ground might someday inspire others to go forth and discover a greater America, just as he once did.
- A close friend to Nathan Strauss (nephew of Levi Strauss), Grayson disappeared into the American wilderness in the fall of 1896 with a fortune that we've determined was worth $100,000 in today's currency.
- Investigations into Grayson's disappearance conducted by Levi Strauss turned up a set of wax cylinder recordings made by Grayson just before he vanished. Analysis of these long lost cylinders lead Levi's archivists to the site of his fortune, which was unearthed, documented and then reburied.
- On this site, the spirit of Grayson Ozias IV lives on, guiding all with the courage and forbearance to seek what he left for them. His words will lead you to the places his journey lead him. And what you find in those places will unlock more of his journey and his story. Until his fortune is found. Hence his fortune will become America's fortune, for in the spirit of philanthropic endeavor Levi's will also donate the same amount to the charity of America's choosing.
- In Grayson's name, we wish you luck.
- G.O. IV